Tuesday, March 04, 2008

4 days.

4 days and you'll be gone. i'm scared.
i'm scared of losing you.
i've lost you before.
but it was different then.
in 14 years i have never felt this way.

even though i told my mom 12 years ago that i would marry you.
i never imagined i'd grow up and still feel that way.
cinderella waiting for her prince.
like the play we wrote together.
when you were the first boy to phone my house.

i can't help but wish we were back on the playground.
for the days of red rover.
when i could hold your hand.
promise to never let go.
and nothing would ever break us.

but now you're leaving.
to start a new life for yourself.
one that you say will include me.
because this is what you want.
this is what we've waited for.

14 years of friendship.
comparing every lover to the other.
losing touch and 5 years later finding everything's the same
not talking for 8 months because the feelings were too strong.
only to park beside eachother at the dollarama on macleod.
on that random friday afternoon.
you told me your hopes, your fears, your dreams that day.

and i fell in love in ways that i never knew were possible.
i realized what i had been searching for all of these years.
my school girl crush had caught up with me.
and for once in my life i couldn't deny it to anyone.

and the first time that you took my hand in yours.
carefully caressing each finger.
whispering sweet nothings in my ear.
too wrapped up in eachother to even pay attention to Scrubs.
i knew there would be no turning back.

when i kissed you 3 days later. awkward as it was.
there were no questions in my mind.
i only cared about that moment.
i drove home in complete and total bliss.
in the -20 weather with the window down and the radio blaring.
in sweet anticipation of the days to come.

for 9 days I have had everything I could ever want.
and in 4 days you'll be gone.

No comments: