Sunday, April 26, 2009

only 21.

"you're only 21".
I think that I hear this on a daily basis, if not every other.
occasionally it is a good thing. "I can't believe how mature you are, you're only 21".
but most of the time, it's frustrating. "don't set your expectations so high; you're only 21".

There is so much more to this step into adulthood for me, than Vegas.
So much more that I want to accomplish than getting drunk off my face and partying like it's 1999.
I want to sell my car. Pay off my credit cards. and buy a house.
I want to go to school in the fall. and I want to start my dayhome soon.
I want to fall in love, and never look back.
To have a wonderful man standing beside me, supporting me in that dream.

"One hundred years from now... it will not matter what kind of car I drove. What kind of house I lived in. How much money I had in my bank account. Nor what my clothes looked like. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."

This is my dream. my goal. my reason for being.
and I can do it. Not only can I do it, I will do it and I will excel.
so, why should it matter than I am "only 21"?

I do not want to give it time.
I have been working towards this since I was 16 years old.
Working full time, and going to school.
Falling in and out of love faster than the seasons change.
and I want it all, by the time I am 22.

I am not "only" 21. I AM 21. and this will be my year.

No comments: